|roast butternut squash salad with pomegranate and tahini dressing|
Skill level: Easy
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and halved. Cut into slices about 5mm thick
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Aleppo pepper or dried chilli flakes½ tsp ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
seeds of 1 pomegranate, reserving any juice
25g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
labneh cheese or feta, crumbled
fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
sugar, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with foil. Brush with one tablespoon of oil. Lay the butternut squash pieces on top of the foil. Drizzle with the rest of the oil. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper, ground cumin, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients including any reserved pomegranate juice. Add a little water to thin. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Allow the squash to cool a little before plating up.
- Scatter over the crumbled labneh cheese, hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Give the dressing a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.